1 IN 5 AMERICANS SUFFER FROM MENTAL ILLNESS
HELP STOP THE STIGMA
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR HELPING OTHERS?
Compassion Ministries, Inc © All Rights Reserved.
FRIEND-TO-FRIEND MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS
Compassion Ministries is needing Christian volunteers to be a friend with a person, who has mental health concerns. Many of these individuals have isolated themselves from society because of their illness. They have been taken advantage of or have been told what to do and how to do it. Their self-worth has been stepped on. They are very discouraged. These people need someone to listen and encourage them.
Listed below is what is required to be a friend in our Friend-to-Friend ministry:
· Orientation meeting to begin the process.
· Meet with the individual every other week.
· Quarterly support/educational meetings.
· 1 year commitment with the option to re-enlist.
· Being an encourager, listener, and friend.
If you have a tug from God to acknowledge His call to be a friend to these special individuals, or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 541-928-6382.